Benq SW2700PT kalibracja

Ogólne pytania i dyskusje dotyczące monitorów do celów uniwersalnych.
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

Re: Benq SW2700PT kalibracja

26 listopada 2019, 21:45 - wt

Ale to może mieć znaczenie tylko jeśli będzie do ustawienia więcej niż jeden monitor o różnych widmach. I to też teoria, ale jedyny moim zdaniem dający się jakoś obronić scenariusz korekcji ccss „w punkt”. W jakim innym jest to niezbędne aby tak kruszyć kopię?
Tom01
Masz problem z kolorem, wal śmiało!

monitory.mastiff.pl
*** 30 lat obecności w branży monitorowej

Partner Eizo Nanao, Sharp NEC Display Solutions
tel. (+48) 690 660 770, tech. (+48) 601 888 312
https://monitory.mastiff.pl
e-mail: color@mastiff.pl
Awatar użytkownika
Czornyj
Kontakt:

26 listopada 2019, 22:11 - wt

Tom01 pisze:
Ale to może mieć znaczenie tylko jeśli będzie do ustawienia więcej niż jeden monitor o różnych widmach. I to też teoria, ale jedyny moim zdaniem dający się jakoś obronić scenariusz korekcji ccss „w punkt”. W jakim innym jest to niezbędne aby tak kruszyć kopię?
No więc ma to znaczenie, bo jeśli oprogramowanie używa edr z charakteryzacją podświetlenia o widmie innym niż faktyczne, to rezultaty mogą być mocno loteryjne. Tylko że tworzenie indywidualnych ccss dlaczegoś nie jest panaceum na ten problem, bo albo w narzędziu jest coś spieprzone, albo korekta musi być wykonana w specyficzny sposób by być realnie skuteczna, jak np. zdumiewająco skuteczna NEC_64_690E_PA242W_2013-02-28.edr
Nb. przykład korekty NECa bardzo ładnie pokazuje, że problem nie jest taki prosty jak się niektórym teoretykom naiwnie wydaje - korekta dla Della U2413 jest tak samo dla matrycy AH-IPS GB-r, kreski są łudząco podobne, a efekty diametralnie inne.
Vicent

27 listopada 2019, 12:09 - śr

Czornyj pisze:
26 listopada 2019, 19:50 - wt
Vicent pisze:
26 listopada 2019, 13:00 - wt
CCSS correction is not related ONLY to a reference instrument that provides spectral sample, it is related to firmware spectral sensivity curves of that colorimeter. That is what you try to hide.
The difference between choosing one CCSS/EDR to another and how good/how bad is going to perform depends on firmware sensivity curves too
TLDR

You can verify the effectiveness of ccss ONLY with reference instrument. To make story short and spare you another pointless explanations - I'll measure the accuracy of various ccss on my PA311D using spectroradiometer as soon as I'll have some time and access to it.
Half truth, CCSS accuracy depends on colorimeter too, on its spectral sensivities stored in firmware. ArgyllCMS code is public to check by everybody. RGB RAW readings to CIE XYZ is computed with CCSS AND colorimeter spectral sensivities.

That is why you can use a RGBLED correction in a GBLED or viceversa and in some (even a lot of) i1d3s measured color coordinates with those CCSS will be close. Why? because in those wavelegths where CCSS are very different, those particular colorimeters (its "observer", its sensivity curves) are close to reference observer. Otherwise color coordinates will show a high difference between CCSS.

That PA311D test you name is a FAKE test to check that CCSS accuracy when used with an i1d3 is INDEPENDENT from colorimeter.
You will be evaluating how several CCSS give different color coordinates on that colorimeter, which is appreciated, but proves nothing about your claims = "RGBLED is better to measure QLEDs because it stores spectral power distribution a DIFFERENT backlight technology but measured at 1nm".
Strawmans everywhere you post.
You are NOT going to measure your claims about QLED/RGBLED CCSS is better for messuring an actual QLED.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
The straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern of argument:

Person 1 asserts proposition X.
Person 2 argues against a superficially similar proposition Y, falsely, as if an argument against Y were an argument against X.

This reasoning is a fallacy of relevance: it fails to address the proposition in question by misrepresenting the opposing position.
At best you are going to measure how different CCSS/EDR behave with YOUR (set of) i1d3 colorimeters measuring an PA311D (WLED PSF?). No proof about your RGBLED/QLED claims.

Snake oil vendor fallacies usually do not work in technical forums.
Looks like you are too desperate for face washing NEC, or Xrite due the lack of updates of their EDR pack.
Ostatnio zmieniony 27 listopada 2019, 12:51 - śr przez Vicent, łącznie zmieniany 4 razy.
Vicent

27 listopada 2019, 12:26 - śr

Czornyj pisze:
26 listopada 2019, 22:11 - wt
Tom01 pisze:
No więc ma to znaczenie, bo jeśli oprogramowanie używa edr z charakteryzacją podświetlenia o widmie innym niż faktyczne, to rezultaty mogą być mocno loteryjne. Tylko że tworzenie indywidualnych ccss dlaczegoś nie jest panaceum na ten problem, bo albo w narzędziu jest coś spieprzone, albo korekta musi być wykonana w specyficzny sposób by być realnie skuteczna, jak np. zdumiewająco skuteczna NEC_64_690E_PA242W_2013-02-28.edr
Nb. przykład korekty NECa bardzo ładnie pokazuje, że problem nie jest taki prosty jak się niektórym teoretykom naiwnie wydaje - korekta dla Della U2413 jest tak samo dla matrycy AH-IPS GB-r, kreski są łudząco podobne, a efekty diametralnie inne.
Because their are NOT equal EDRs.

RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12, "default" Xrite pack for GB-LEDs store MORE than a GBLED sample. Only the last sample of 4 stores an actual GB-LED.
ArgyllCMS uses an average (least minimum squares, maybe) of corrections from every sample stored in a CCSS, hence "RG_Phosphor_Family_25Jul12.ccss" and a CCSS with just the last WRGB sample in "Dell_U2413_25Jul12.ccss" (in https://displaycal.net/i1d3) give slightly different results.

In the same way "Dell_U2413_25Jul12.ccss" and "NEC_64_690E_PA242W_2013-02-28.edr" have a slightly different spectralpower distribution in blue (shorter wavelegth peak in NEC sample) so if YOUR COLORIMETER shows a significative difference in its spectral senvivity curves from CIE 1931 2 degree... it is going to push a higher compensation.
On an ideal i1d3 which matched perfectly CIE 1931 2 degree... it won't matter if you use NEC edr, or RG_phoshor or the cleaned version for U2413 bundled by DisplayCAL.

Q.E.D. : CCSS accuracy applied to an i1d3 depends on CCSS matching actual backlight AND THAT PARTICULAR colorimeter firmware.

In order to argue that a RGBLED correction is "better" than an a community 3-10nm sample of an actual QLED when measuring a QLED, you'll need to know where are the wavelegth regions "critical" for each pair... or measure with an i1d3 and each CCSS and then validate those readings against a reference instrument.
It is a LIE to say that RGBLED correction measuring a QLED will be better just because a reference spectroradiometer measured ANOTHER DIFFERENT backlight technology from QLED at 1nm.

The relatively low inter instrument variation between i1d3s of several modes & ages is partially caused by this (accurate spectral sensivities stored in firmware per unit or per batch or whatever Xrite policy chose) and partially (most of) by good HW with relatively low inter instrument variation in "raw readings".
Vicent

27 listopada 2019, 13:12 - śr

I'm going to explain what is going to happen on that PA311D so we know all the possible "snake oil" tricks on that test:

A) If a PA311D is a WLED PFS, like those panasonic widegamuts with 1500:1 contrast ratio an i1Pro2 CANNOT measure it properly.

Strawman fallacy practitioners like Czornyj would say "hey! do you see it?, an i1ProX cannot make CCSS properly".
That is false. The truth is that they cannot measure backlight with so narrow spectral distribution peaks like WLED PFS or some old widegamut CCFLs. That test says nothing about other backlights.

Also the innacuracy of i1ProX made CCSS depends on how user configured that i1ProX with Argyll or another application. Did tester use 3.3nm mode? Did he use 10nm mode? In 3.3nm you can see "a little" of typical spectral peaks in red channel. At 10nm you won't.

B) A test measures how a particular i1d3 measures a WLED PFS display like PA311D using different CCSS. Then you measure the same display with areference instrument like a JETI and compare results.

That test will check how a "common" i1d3 depends on CCSS correction when measuring a PA311D. Nothing less nothing more. It's a very interesting test for PA271Q or newer Eizo CGs owners. Kudos for the tester.
That test will NOT check which correction is better when measuring a different backlight type like a QLED.

Also some of these CCSS corrections will work better than others on that "common" i1d3 when mesuring a PA311D. Those CCSS corrections that perform OK have different spectral power distributions, even VERY different at certain wavelengths.
Why they measure OK and "realtively close" between them?
-Because THAT common i1d3 spectral sensivities stored in firmware show little difference against CIE standard observer in those wavelengths where CCSS differ from each other
OR
-Because those CCSS are CLOSE to each other in wavelengths where THAT i1d3 has significative difference against CIE standard observer uses as reference.

Thats how an i1d3 works. ArgyllCMS code is public for everyone to check.
AndN11

27 listopada 2019, 16:34 - śr

Panowie, zakres tej ostatniej dyskusji / wymiany zdań, wykracza na pewno poza moją wiedzę, jak i pewnie większości amatorów.
Pewne rzeczy jednak potrafię sprawdzić (i również ocenić wizualnie) sam. Póki co, na razie dowiedziałem się od administratora (?) tego forum, że sw2700pt nie posiada kalibracji sprzętowej i pasek postępu nadpisywaniu LUT przy kalibracji ( z 5 minut to chyba trwa, jak nie lepiej) to zwykła atrapa. To samo podobno można zrobić regulując suwaki w menu monitora ( pewnie w mniej niż minutę). Nie posiada również żadnych zalet, a wyłącznie wady. Parametry rozjeżdżają się po kilku tygodniach (sprawdziłem po 4 miesiącach i nic takiego nie zachodzi). Dalej (więcej) nie chce mi się pisać :)...
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

27 listopada 2019, 16:38 - śr

1. Opinię o kalibracji Benq pisałem ja, nie administrator.
2. Oczywiście, że atrapa. Monitor jest oparty o procesor obrazowy typu All In One Realtek RTD2797 który nie ma możliwości programowania, nie mówiąc o 3D LUT, o którym producent ochoczo kłamie we wszystkich materiałach reklamowych.
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

AndN11

27 listopada 2019, 16:54 - śr

Dla mnie niewielka różnica, jest pan sponsorem tego forum, moderatorem na pewno.
Czy tylko w oparciu o 3D LUT jest kalibracja sprzętowa ? Pytam jako całkowity amator w tej dziedzinie :)
"Realtek RTD2797 który nie ma możliwości programowania" - tylko dlaczego na zadnych stronach zagranicznych nie wypłynął ten fakt ? Tam sami upośledzeni (tylko w Polsce odkryły to bodajże 2 osoby ) ? Firma Benq nie obawia się pozwów sądowych tak kłamiąc, wprowadzając w błąd klientów ?...
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

27 listopada 2019, 17:08 - śr

Nie wiem czy Benq się nie obawia pozwów, ale DELL za podobne kłamstwa beknął nieźle kilka lat temu. Dokładnie takie same reklamy, że sprzęt graficzny, kalibracja itd. Ale to było w USA. U nas jest powszechne przyzwolenie na wciskanie ciemnoty i traktuje się wręcz jako normę. Niby dlaczego tyle zafałszowanych parametrów, praktycznie w ofertach każdej firmy? Dlaczego mało kto ma ochotę na ujawnianie tych "nieścisłości"? A po co? Ilu jest naprawdę niezależnych techników? A reszta? "Nie gryź ręki która karmi."

"Kalibracją sprzętową" przyjęło się nazywać każdą ingerencję w sprzęt. Co do 3D LUT, jego obecność lub brak akurat łatwo wykryć.
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

AndN11

27 listopada 2019, 17:12 - śr

Tom01 pisze:
27 listopada 2019, 17:08 - śr
Nie wiem czy Benq się nie obawia pozwów, ale DELL za podobne kłamstwa beknął nieźle kilka lat temu. Ale to było w USA. ....
Przecież ten monitor był sprzedawany w wielu krajach (USA także), a tylko w Polsce 2 osoby odkryły, że to fałsz z tą kalibracja sprzętowa - "gratuluję" w każdym razie ;) :D
Odpowiednie kroki Pan przedsięwziął ?, kłamstwu nie należy pobłażać.
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

27 listopada 2019, 17:17 - śr

Chodzi o to, że w USA są szanse na wygranie tego typu spraw. Inny system prawny. W Polsce nie ma szans najmniejszych, bo przepisy mamy tak zbudowane, że wystarczy stwierdzić, że to nie oferta i można kłamać do woli.

A na cholerę mi batalia prawna z jakimś producentem? Nie płacą mi za działalność misyjną. Problem ma ten co kłamie, nie ja. Ja tylko swoich klientów uświadamiam, żeby nie weszli ma minę. Decyzja jest ich. Oczywiście zdarzają się niedowiarki, ale to kwestia czasu kiedy w jakiś sposób okaże się, że jednak "a nie mówiłem".

Myślę, że Pan się domyśla, że różne mechanizmy techniczne nie są wielką tajemnicą dla każdego zorientowanego trochę w temacie. Tak było z wspomnianymi DELL-ami, HP, obecnie Benq. Czemu się nie nagłaśnia, wyjaśniłem w poprzednim wpisie.
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

AndN11

27 listopada 2019, 17:29 - śr

Tom01 pisze:
27 listopada 2019, 17:17 - śr
...Czemu się nie nagłaśnia, wyjaśniłem w poprzednim wpisie.
Edytowałem poprzedni wpis:
AndN11 pisze:
27 listopada 2019, 17:12 - śr
Odpowiednie kroki Pan przedsięwziął ?, kłamstwu nie należy pobłażać.
Naprawdę warto nagłaśniać, jak już pan to odkrył jako pierwsza czy druga osoba na świecie tym bardziej.
Trzymam kciuki za pozytywne rozstrzygnięcie dla klientów.

Tak nawiasem mówiąc dalej pan podtrzymuje, że stabilność parametrów w tym monitorze to góra kilka tygodni ? i powinna być rekalibracja czy tam ponowna kalibracja, czy tu ( w tym wątku) przekonałem pomiarami :)
Oczywiście żartuję, pomiary sobie w Photoshopie sfabrykowałem :D się przyznaję, tylko nie wiem czy PS modyfikuje pliki HTML, ale to nie ważne...(a i PS nie posiadam, ale to mała przeszkoda pewnie :) )
Ostatnio zmieniony 27 listopada 2019, 17:56 - śr przez AndN11, łącznie zmieniany 4 razy.
Awatar użytkownika
Czornyj
Kontakt:

28 listopada 2019, 00:01 - czw

Vicent pisze:
Looks like you are too desperate for face washing NEC, or Xrite due the lack of updates of their EDR pack.
Get back to earth.

99,9999% of users will never, ever understand WTF we're taking about, so "face washing NEC/X-Rite" in this respect would be the last on earth I'd give quarter a fuck :lol: so spare me that conspiracy theory bullshit :D
Vicent

28 listopada 2019, 15:02 - czw

Czornyj pisze:
28 listopada 2019, 00:01 - czw
Vicent pisze:
Get back to earth.

99,9999% of users will never, ever understand WTF we're taking about, so "face washing NEC/X-Rite" in this respect would be the last on earth I'd give quarter a fuck :lol: so spare me that conspiracy theory bullshit :D
So again, you are unable to proof your claims about RGBLED vs community QLED. It was expected. A bluff (like that Jan 2019 release of SV2 that would solve all PA271Q calibration issues). Good luck with your snake oil sale!

For other mva.pl readers, these are the possible tricks in the upcoming PA311D review regarding CCSS corrections:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3963&p=58167#p58149
And YES, an i1Pro2 is NOT able to generate a good CCSS for that WLED PFS technology @10nm, a so-so CCSS @3.3nm.
With other tecnologies like QLED... it should get a more accurate CCSS than different backlight tecnology samples from Xrite like RGBLED, thet is why such functionality exists.
Vicent

28 listopada 2019, 15:24 - czw

AndN11 pisze:
27 listopada 2019, 16:54 - śr
Dla mnie niewielka różnica, jest pan sponsorem tego forum, moderatorem na pewno.
Czy tylko w oparciu o 3D LUT jest kalibracja sprzętowa ? Pytam jako całkowity amator w tej dziedzinie :)
"Realtek RTD2797 który nie ma możliwości programowania" - tylko dlaczego na zadnych stronach zagranicznych nie wypłynął ten fakt ? Tam sami upośledzeni (tylko w Polsce odkryły to bodajże 2 osoby ) ? Firma Benq nie obawia się pozwów sądowych tak kłamiąc, wprowadzając w błąd klientów ?...
No, a LUT3D is not needed for HW cal.

We talked about this in the past:

1-you can have HW cal just for grey & white. The same thing you do in DisplayCAL & GPU, but internal to monitor. NEC EAs should provide you that.

2-you can have HW cal for grey/white AND some simple gamut emulation, like sRGB or AdobeRGB. It's what we have named in other threads as lut-matrix-lut. Matrix limit gamut (native R for example will be 1*R+0*G+0*B, but emulated R for sRGB will have a non zero mix of B & G), and grey calibration is usually composed with ideal values for last lut.

3-you can have HW cal for grey/white AND gamut emulation with a LUT3D
Thay 3D table (coordinates=inputs) with nodes that store RGB values (output) in native colorspace that matches color in input colorspace.

All these monitors with gamut emulation should have type 2 or 3.
All these monitors with programable gamut emulation (yu can choose xy coordinates of R,G&B emulated primaries) should have type 2 or 3.
SW2700PT has HW capable of doing type 2 or type 3. Which one? IDNK
SW2700PT has HW calibration.

What we argue in this thread first pages is about DATA stored in SW2700PT LUTs.
We talked about if Benq's PME is able or not to provide accurate DATA for those tables. As with other HW calibration solutions which take just a few measures of native gamma ramp some grey tints may go unnoticed, so DATA stored as calibration is not able to correct it. DATA, not HW itself.
So if you are a SW owner or Dell UP owner or something like that and you are not able to get neutral grey without green or pink tint, use a tool that allows youto take more measurements so no error go unnoticed, like DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS... although using GPU to store calibration tables which can result in banding in some GPUs.
If you own a Benq SW, Dell UP or one of those and by chance in its uncalibrated state has a very neutral grey, you can get an all green verification of grey even using PME. PME functionality is very limited, but with a good behaved display (uncalibrated neutral grey) it works.

I hope that you understand it now
-color uniformity = $ spent in QC or "chance"
-HW cal for grey= 1DLUT in monitor
-HW cal for grey & gamut = lut-matrix or LUT3D, and SW2700PT has one of these
-HW cal quality using vendor HW cal software = depends on starting point (QC of uncalibrated display) and number of measurements in order to adquire data for computing DATA that is going to be stored in LUTs and if such vendor software is able to orprate properly measurement HW (i1d3 and its EDR/CCSS for each backlight type)
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

28 listopada 2019, 16:02 - czw

Idąc tym tropem, można napisać, że każdy monitor "ma kalibrację" w którym można cokolwiek regulować wpływającego na wysterowanie matrycy. Właśnie dlatego tak wiele kłamstw w materiałach. Wszakże, jest ingerencja w sprzęt, prawda?
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

Vicent

29 listopada 2019, 13:00 - pt

Sorry, google translation looks strange. It is possible that I have not understood your message properly.

Do you mean that each monitor has a LUT with some factory correction for grey? Yes, maybe there are some very basic displays without it, but, yes, you can say it is common for personal computer displays.
Also there are displays with gamut emulation like U2410 with a lut-matrix/LUT3D HW or something like that.

Those 2 examples have this HW, these luts or matrices... but we call "HW calibration" if user can write data to those structures.

For example U2410 has NOT HW cal but U2413 has HW calibration. The underlying HW for calibration could be the same in these two models, but U2413 has two writable memory slot where user (an application) can write LUT DATA different from factory data.
We know for sure that U2413 and its family has without doubts HW calibration because you can see actual data computed (16bit in 3x1024 prelut 3x3 gamut matrix and 3x1024 postlut) and sent (14bit packed) to display to be written in one of the 2-3 memory slot available in those U/UP Dells with HW calibration. Some HP models have the same functionality.

SW2700PT should have something like that, like U2713H memory slots. Same goes for SW240 and such. That is what PME computes & writes.

Is that "user writable DATA" accurate given the limitations of PME and Benq's QC for their panels? I would say NO on most units, but AndN11's unit seems to get a PASS (good for him)

Is it worthly to save 300 euro in a 1000 euro purchase & play the lottery of color uniformity & software limitations buying an SW2700PT/SW270C instead of a CS27230/CS2731? I would say no again, specially if you are going to use that screen for earn your living... but there could be a certain percent % of "All green, PASS" SW units.

Up to reader if risk is worth the gain.
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

29 listopada 2019, 13:11 - pt

Vincent, właśnie o tym mówię. Programowanie czegokolwiek w monitorze formalnie jest kalibracją sprzętową. Kalibracja jednak jest procesem zero-jedynkowym i jeśli nie osiągniemy żądanego poziomu wyświetlania, to pomimo istnienia mechanizmów kalibracji sprzętowej, sama kalibracja będzie nieskuteczna, czyli jest to równoznaczne z jej brakiem. To przecież są proste sprawy.

Vincent, This is what I mean. Programming anything in the monitor is tchnically a HW. Calibration is a binary process. True or false. If we do not get the image quality (gray, white point or somethng), although they are HW, the calibration itself will be ineffective. That is, the same thing no calibration. These are simple matters. I think so... ;)
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

AndN11

29 listopada 2019, 14:37 - pt

Tom01 pisze:
29 listopada 2019, 13:11 - pt
Programowanie czegokolwiek w monitorze formalnie jest kalibracją sprzętową. Kalibracja jednak jest procesem zero-jedynkowym i jeśli nie osiągniemy żądanego poziomu wyświetlania, to pomimo istnienia mechanizmów kalibracji sprzętowej, sama kalibracja będzie nieskuteczna, czyli jest to równoznaczne z jej brakiem. To przecież są proste sprawy.
Jakby potraktować poważnie te słowa znaczyłoby, że profesjonalny graficzny monitor NEC PA271Q nie posiada kalibracji.
Tam nawet tzw. "laurka" z SV2 potrafi dać po kalibracji sprzętowej takie wyniki:
Tom01 pisze:
24 lipca 2019, 00:14 - śr
Nowy FW problemu nie poprawia. W niektórych przypadkach wychodzi nawet taka masakra:
Obrazek
Jakie byłyby wyniki jakby tą kalibrację sprawdzić niezależnym programem ArgyllCMS/DisplayCAL..., można sie tylko domyslać...6/7 delta E ?
Tu ostatnia kalibracja sprzętowa benka (laurka z PME i sprawdzenie w ArgyllCMS/DisplayCAL : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3963&start=160#p58043
Ale oczywiście NEC ma kalibrację, a benek nie, tylko jak to się ma do cytowanych słów...
Wychodzi na to, że należy je stosować wybiórczo i do NEC-a nie maja zastosowania :)
Ostatnio zmieniony 29 listopada 2019, 14:49 - pt przez AndN11, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.
Awatar użytkownika
Tom01
Kontakt:

29 listopada 2019, 14:47 - pt

NEC PA271Q ma błąd w oprogramowaniu, już o tym tłuczone jest od dawna. Jednakże mimo to, skalibrować się go da, ale niekoniecznie metodami jakie wydawałby się najbardziej oczywiste. Tłumaczyłem Panu już nie raz. To jest monitor - plastelina, podobnie jak inne profesjonalne. Można z niego ulepić potrzebne narzędzie na wiele sposobów.
Tom01

monitory.mastiff.pl

Wróć do „Monitory różne”